Dear Seattle Athletic Club Member,
In case you have not heard the great news, Washington State has approved King County to move to Phase 2 of the Governor’s “Safe Start” plan. As such, we are excited to announce that we are partially reopened!
This is very exciting news; however this partial reopening requires heavy restrictions and coming to the Clubs for your workout will look very different.
In summation, we will be allowed to open for appointment-only, one-on-one Personal Training, Pilates and Squash instruction, Squash Court reservation (for individual play only), supervised cardio machine reservation (5 spots available only), along with small Group-Exercise classes of 5 or less participants.
Unfortunately, unsupervised general Club use will not be permitted during this stage.
Please read through the following points so you can better understand our new policies and the precautions we are taking to keep you safe during your return:
- Limited operating hours: Weekdays: 7:00am-8:00pm │ Weekends: 9:00am-3:00pm
- What will be available: Group-X classes with a maximum of 5 participants, 1:1 Fitness, Pilates and Squash lessons, Squash Court reservation (for individual play only) and cardio room reservation (5 spots max). The Group-X schedule can be found on our websites located here:
- What will be unavailable: Childcare, Pool, Café, Squash Courts, Gymnasium, Massage, Locker Rooms (*vanities and restrooms will remain open), showers, towel service, and Spa areas
- Members must have a pre-booked appointment time in a class, court/cardio reservation or training session prior to entering the Club. You are able to do this via the Front Desk, your Member Portal, as well as the Seattle Athletic Club App:
- Keep in mind, due to class sizes being small and in high demand, we will have advance reservations of only 24 hours, spots must be reserved and there will be a waitlist available for up to 3 people.
- In addition, we just received confirmation from the Governors’ office that the access restriction on “High-Risk” clients has been retracted. (High–risk individuals were previously defined as “…people over the age of 65, people with serious underlying medical conditions like chronic lung disease, moderate to severe asthma and people who are immunocompromised”) Once again, this group is now able to access the clubs facilities and services in Phase 2.
- Upon entry/exit to/from the Club, everyone will need to either wash or sanitize their hands with facility provided hand sanitizer. A minimum of 6’ separation between all employees and customers in all interactions is required. Congregations of no more than 5 people will be allowed in common areas. Masks must be worn at ALL times. The Club will have disposable masks to offer, but please bring your own if possible.
- As part of initial check-in, every member will have their temperature taken and be required to sign a waiver of consent and commitment to the facility’s reopening policies. A link to this waiver will be sent to the email listed on your membership account so that you can complete this requirement prior to your first visit.
- Individuals will not be permitted entry if they have been diagnosed with COVID-19 (have not recovered or are still within the required 14-day quarantine), had symptoms of COVID-19 (within the last 24 hours), or had contact with a person that has or is suspected to have COVID-19 (within the last 14 days).
- Members will be checked in/out to ensure a total headcount within the facility at any given time; allowing for contact tracing if needed and occupancy numbers in real time which may be located via the Club Website and App.
- Check-in at the Front Desk will consist of using either your barcode on the Club App, by showing us your membership card or by providing your first and last name.
- Members will need to wear training attire to the facility. Yoga class equipment will not be provided, please bring your own mat, blocks, straps, and blanket to use. The Front Desk will have mats available to purchase. Towel service (other than the small cleaning towels) will not be available. Please bring with you your own water bottle as water fountain use will be restricted to the water bottle filling station only.
- Daily sanitization of the Club will consist of regular closing of spaces for spraying with the Hydrostatic Sanitization sprayer. All equipment will be sanitized after each use. Doors and windows will be kept open where possible to improve ventilation. Surfaces and high-touch areas will be disinfected throughout the day.
- For those who plan to remain home for a while, we will continue offering our virtual training options.
- Membership dues will remain on hold during Phase 2, as general unsupervised Club access is still restricted. The hold fee (⅓ of your current dues rate) will keep your membership in good standing.
This is another step in the direction of fully reopening and we are pleased to welcome you back into the Club, even if at a limited capacity. The Clubs will also be strictly following the guidelines put forth by the State and expect additional amenities to be reintroduced during Phase 3. Our shared mission, above all, is to protect and enhance the health and safety of our community.
Our entire member community continues to be at the forefront of our minds and we hope you all are continuing to prioritize your health and are staying well. We are here to help in whatever capacity we can and look forward to welcoming you back to the Club soon.
Stay healthy and be well,
Seattle Athletic Club