Dear Seattle Athletic Club Member,
Over the past few weeks, we have been working closely with the State and County to continually assess and update our available amenities with the ongoing amendments to the Governors Safe Start proclamation. Please take note of our current business hours as well as our updated services and amenities that are currently available. Unfortunately, unsupervised general Club use will not be permitted during this stage.
- Limited operating hours: Weekdays: 7:00am-8:00pm │ Weekends: 9:00am-3:00pm
- What will be available: Group-X classes with a maximum of 5 participants, 1:1 Fitness, Pilates and Squash lessons, Cardio / Basketball and Weight Room reservation (5 spots max). The Group-X schedule can be found on our websites located here:
- What will be unavailable: Childcare, Pool, Café, Massage, Locker Rooms (*vanities and restrooms will remain open), showers, towel service, and Spa areas
- Members must have a pre-booked appointment time in a class, court/cardio reservation or training session prior to entering the Club. You are able to do this via the Front Desk, your Member Portal, as well as the Seattle Athletic Club App:
- Keep in mind, due to class sizes being small and in high demand, we will have advance reservations of only 24 hours, spots must be reserved and there will be a waitlist available for up to 3 people.
- In addition, we received confirmation from the Governor’s office that the access restriction on “high-risk” clients has been retracted. High–risk individuals were previously defined as “…people over the age of 65, people with serious underlying medical conditions like chronic lung disease, moderate to severe asthma and people who are immunocompromised”. Once again, this group is now able to access the Club's facilities and services in Phase 2.
- For those who plan to remain home for a while, we will continue offering our virtual training options.
- Membership dues will remain on hold during Phase 2, as general unsupervised Club access is still restricted. The hold fee (⅓ of your current dues rate) will keep your membership in good standing.
- No large group fitness classes (more than 5) will be permitted during Phase 2.
- All classes need to be pre-booked (through the Member Portal, Club App or at the Front Desk).
- Select classes will be streamed live via Zoom for members that are uncomfortable coming into
- We will require 6ft of spacing in all classes.
- Please ensure you clean your equipment before and after each use.
- Equipment will be routinely sprayed with disinfectant via regular hydrostatic spraying.
- Floor fans should not be used in any Group Exercise classes.
- Yoga mats, blocks, blankets and straps will no longer be supplied by the Club. Participants need to bring their own and/or we will have them available for purchase at the Front Desk.
- No shared equipment use; particularly notable for HIIT classes.
- Small group fitness sessions will be limited to one-on-one sessions or small group training (5 or less participants per session, not including the trainer).
- Equipment has been re-orientated within the facility to encourage distancing. Including:
○ Removing and marking parking spaces for benches from weight rooms to mark space.
○ Making every other piece of cardio equipment unavailable to ensure distancing.
- We will be staggering or zoning Personal Fitness Training staff to ensure distancing.
- There will be restricted fan usage in Cardio and Weight Rooms.
- Small group Pilates sessions will be limited to one-on-one sessions or small group training (5 or
less participants per session, not including the instructor).
- One instructor in the studio at a time.
- No tactile corrections only verbal coaching.
- We will institute a cleaning buffer between clients.
- Equipment has been re-orientated within the facility to encourage distancing.
- Pre-booking of Squash lessons and court reservations are required prior to entry.
- Courts will now be available for online booking for both individual play (solo-hitting) and regular play (2 people on court).
- For individual play:
- Face masks and face shields are strongly recommended.
- Face masks are mandatory within the Club until you are on the court.
- For regular play (2 people on court):
- Face masks are required.
- Face shields are recommended.
- To encourage social distancing, structured skills and drills sessions are recommended instead of game play.
For individuals within the same household; face masks and face shields are strongly recommended on court, but not required. Off court, face masks are mandatory.
- Courts will be disinfected by staff throughout the day.
- We ask members to ensure that they:
- Use hand sanitizer before and after getting on the court.
- Use personal towels to wipe off sweat.
- Wear protective eyewear.
- Wipe the door handles clean after playing.
- Stay on court throughout your playing time and leave the court only if necessary.
- No physical (elbow bumps, etc) or wall contact.
- Please use your own racquet, hand towel and ball.
- During the outlined timetable below, individuals will be able to utilize the basketball court for individual shoot around only.
- M-F 3:00-3:45pm, 4:00-4:45pm & 7:00-7:45pm
- Tu/Th 10:00-10:45am
- Sat 12:00-12:45pm, 1:00-1:45pm & 2:00-2:45pm
- Sun 10:00-10:45am, 11:00-11:45am, 12:00-12:45pm, 1:00-1:45pm & 2:00-2:45pm
- Reserve your basketball court time through the online Cardio/Basketball reservation time slots in the Club app or member portal.
- Face masks are required and face shields are strongly recommended.
- One person per hoop or two people if within the same household.
- Please bring your own basketball. Club balls will be available, but it is required that users wipe down the ball before and after use.
With the ever evolving State and County regulations, we will continue to assess and update the services and amenities we are able to provide to our membership. However, we will continue to strictly adhere to the current guidelines until we are advised otherwise by the State. Our shared mission, above all, is to protect and enhance the health and safety of our community.
We are extremely grateful and appreciative for your continued support of our Club, its staff and our community. It’s in times of hardship such as these, that we get to see the immense strength and inspiration that communities like ours provide. We are here to help in whatever capacity we are able and are eagerly awaiting the day we can welcome everyone back into the Club.
Stay healthy and be well,
Seattle Athletic Club